Dr. Soundar R.T. Kumara
- Ph.D. (Industrial
Eng.), Purdue University
- M.Tech. (Industrial
Eng.), I.I.T. Madras, India
- B.Eng. (Mechanical
Eng.), S.V.U. Collegeof Engineering, Tirupati, India
- Intelligent Systems
- Sensor Data Fusion
- Process Data Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Applied Chaos Theory and Logistics
- IE 582: Advanced Information Technology for Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- IE 562: Intelligent Systems Design for Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- IE 462: Introduction to Expert Systems
- Chaos Theory based situation extraction, pattern extraction for robust control of cognitive agents (DARPA)
- Scalable Extended Enterprises (National Science Foundation)
- Procurement Problem Solving Using Stochastic Programming, Game Theory and Software Agents (National Science Foundation)
- Manpower Planning in HRD Process: An IT architecture development for Marine Corps (Marine Corps)
- OTD Process Simulation Framework using agents (General Motors)
- Center for Manufacturing
Integration (Ben Franklin Program) Enterprise
- Faculty Scholar Medal,
, 2002 Pennsylvania State University
- Premier Research Award ,
Engineering Society (PSES), 2001 Penn State
Graduate Faculty Teaching Award, 1998 Penn State University
- Certificate of Achievement, Awarded by General Scales Jr.,
, 1998 Army War College
- Best Paper Award, (2nd place - applications), "Fractal Dimension Based Estimation of Tool Wear in Turning," by Bukkapatnam, S.T.S., Kumara, S.R.T., and Lakhtakia, A., Artificial Neural Networks in Engineering 94, an International Conference, St. Louis November 1994 (2nd place out of 184 Papers)
- Outstanding Research Award ,
Engineering Society (PSES), 1994 Penn State
- Active Member of International Institute of Production Research (CIRP) since August 1996 (one of the 125 active members representing 36 different countries: membership through nomination and election)
· Corresponding Member of International Institute of Production Research (CIRP) since January 1990 (one of the 300 active and corresponding members representing 36 different countries: membership through nomination and election)
- Founded Laboratory for Intelligent Systems and Quality, Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, The
Pennsylvania State University, , 1987 University Park, PA
- Founded Center for Intelligent Information Processing-CIIP, An Interdisciplinary - Industry Based College of Engineering Center, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1994.Co-dirctors: R. Kasturi (Comp.Sci &Eng.) and O.I. Camps (EE).
- Faculty Associate, Powder Injection Molding Research Consortium and Particulate Material Center, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1993-Current.
- Faculty Associate, Computer Vision Research Group, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1987-Current.
- Faculty Associate, Manufacturing Research Laboratory, Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 1993-Current
- Multimedia based Diagnostics Expert Systems: Feature article about diagnosis research in Mac Week Magazine, January 1990.
- Research conducted as a part of "Chaos Theory Based Monitoring," being considered by Applied Reasoning Systems Inc., NC for inclusion in their "Process Diagnosis," software.
- Research conducted on Distributed Intelligent Architecture for Logistics is currently being considered as the prototypical architecture to integrate five major systems in the military by the U.S. Army
Last modified March 26, 2002. Contact webmaster for questions or comments about the website.